Do you love Thai food?
I was sitting on a plastic stool at an open air noodle shop by San Plu Market in Bangkok, slurping some wildly satisfying street food when it hit me. All at once, I realized I could never go on without these flavors.
I wasn't getting this in the Thai restaurants back in the states, and I am not one to miss out on an unforgettable meal.
Let me share with you the kitchen hacks I've developed through years of researching this rich and diverse cuisine to make faithful renditions of Thai dishes simple and rewarding to make at home.
Become a better cook in just 1 week!
- Learn helpful skills that will benefit your everyday cooking.
- Get familiar with a Thai pantry of flavors.
- Learn to identify and prepare classic regional Thai dishes.
- Get access to video tutorials, written recipes, and helpful notes to move Thai food into your regular cooking repertoire.
To help get you started, check out these inspiring adventures in food:
With lots of simple add-ins, this pork kanom jin recipe is perfect for each diner to custom-tailor their own unique creation.
I was blindsided by this Phuketian stewed pork recipe. With Portuguese influence as well as Chinese applications, this has actually become one of my favorite rich and satisfying winter weather dishes!
- Video Tutorial - Thai Pantry
- Thai pantry quiz
- Video Tutorial - Suggested Equipment
- Resources list
- Video Tutorial - Mortar and Pestle
- Written Recipe - Red Curry Paste
- Video Tutorial - Blanching
- Blanching quiz
- Video Tutorial - Grilling FREE TRIAL
- Notes on Thai grilling FREE TRIAL
- Video Tutorial - Frying
- Written Recipe - Fried Shallots
Here's What Other People Are Saying:
Check out these testimonials from fellow food lovers who have enjoyed the Thai Cooking Masterclass.
JB Macatulad - Willflyforfood.com
"I loved the format. It presents the information in a linear way so it's easy to understand. The content is broken down nicely too so people can easily go back to specific sections after finishing the course."
Jenny Vergera - Food Writer
Chef and Writer
About the instructor
Hey, my name is Jakob and I help people cook and eat well. I draw inspiration from destinations that are off the beaten path, and provide useful tips and videos to help people with their next delicious adventure. I have cooked and travelled in seven countries, over three continents, at several of the coveted 50 Best Asia and Michelin Starred restaurants in the world. I am just as much at home behind a grill in Chile as I am on a motorcycle burning through Thai mountains. I have a stomach for adventure and love to help folks who feel the same!